Set up problems

Hi all,

Long time since I've been on here! I have just got myself an FPV set up which is using my Action Cam (already owned).

I have an OSD with GPS, a VTx, and a VRx, going to a pair of the hobbyking V2 Pro goggles.

I have rigged the system without the camera as i need to get a different lead to connect up, and can't get any signal, either on the screen of the goggles or my TV.

I assume having the OSD will give sufficient signal for the screen to work?

Any ideas? Or anyone in the Manchester/Stockport area who FPV's will ing to help out? What i'd like to do is swap parts out to find the fault so i can send it back....

Thanks.

Edited By Olly P on 28/05/2017 08:21:08

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

The OSD is this one: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mini-osd-system-w-gps-module.html?___store=en_us

Looks like it can be flash updated if i solder things to it - i might look at this in the fullness of time but for now the key data is visible.

It looks similar but seems to have less features such as artificial horizon.

This is the one I use which comes on the latest software version (1.6) and is easy to install and setup.

But beware it needs a minimum 6V input then outputs to the camera feed whatever goes in so if you use a 11.1V lipo then 11.1V goes to the camera so you may need a separate 5V supply for that.

I use the lipo to directly supply the OSD and VTX but take the 5V feed from my ImmersionRC VTX to feed the camera.

• 1 month later...