Help me solve my dilemma....

Hello all,

I am currently in a debate with myself over 2 models which I like.

The first is the 3DHS edge 540 demonstrator 48.

The second is the Hangar 9 Sbach 60.

My dilemma is choosing which one I would be better off with. I am used to flying both electric and petrol models so neither is a new venture for me, however, I am looking for something that is capable of the more 'extreme'/3D manoeuvres to learn and push myself with and to be able to maybe take my B cert at a later date.

I would appreciate weighing up the pros and cons of each and if anyone has had any experience with either then advice is very welcomed.

Thanks and happy flying.

Advert

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 07/06/2017 14:29:42:

while not questioning your endeavours to improve your 3d flying I would suggest that a conventional model would be more suitable for the B test.

Why do you say that? both these models will fly the B certificate with ease, is it because it would be too easy smiley?

Havent owned either of these (by all accounts both are well respected) but many similar models and have my B cert, my gut feel is the 48" Edge... purely ( and more of a personal situation and approach to flying) because I know I would fly it more, as it will probably fit in my car assembled, less setup etc, get more practice in, and it is half the price if any mishaps occur, and as such I would be more tempted to push things further..

Posted by extra slim on 07/06/2017 16:16:36:

Havent owned either of these (by all accounts both are well respected) but many similar models and have my B cert, my gut feel is the 48" Edge... purely ( and more of a personal situation and approach to flying) because I know I would fly it more, as it will probably fit in my car assembled, less setup etc, get more practice in, and it is half the price if any mishaps occur, and as such I would be more tempted to push things further..

I think this has swayed my decision. Especially when it comes to flying more. Also it will take up less space in my shed which is a bonus.

At least now I can go to Weston Park knowing what I fancy...... Until of course I see something in the swap meet that throws a spanner in the works.

Posted by chris Bond - Bondaero on 07/06/2017 19:20:46:

Would yo like me to take one of these to Weston for you

wink

http://www.bondaero.co.uk/MX2_61_/p1085152_15070642.aspx

Those are nice aircraft but unfortunately won't suit the power setup I already have ready for the demonstrator. Thanks.