Lidl XL Glider

Hi,

Just thought i would share with you how put this one together.

fourth7.jpg

I decided to use Pitcheron for this one as it reduce the connections to control surfaces, So i made a Carbon spar with a threaded bolt at each end with the head cut off.

And a threaded tube which would be glued into each outer wing.

This allows me to bolt the wings into position and still allow for rotation around the axes of the spar.

duo1.jpg

duo2.jpg

Steve

• 3 months later...

Hey Steve, cheers for your guide videos posted, couldn't get my hands on a Lidl glider but gout one off Wish and attempted your aleron conversion. Im new to this so was hoping to ask some questions.

1. Do you use a y-lead or can you share how you have connected to the reciever and what transmitter settings you use

2. How do you control elevator movement

3. Can you do a powered version of this or is it best to use another setup with elevator and rudder controls?

Cheers

Hi, Charles Ayling,

Welcome to the forum i am sure you will be able to gain a lot of help and advice from fellow forumites.

Who can guide you through all aspects of model flying and radio set ups thumbs up.

Which conversion are you referring to.

The wing Glider.......A

a lidl glider a.jpg

Or this One below......B

complet.jpg

The wing Glider (A) uses Delta mixing and each servo needs to be plugged into a separate channel.

Steve

Hi Charles Ayling,

It`s Pitcherons / Wingerons..

You will need to plug each servo into a different channel let`s say left wing into channel 1 and right wing into channel 2.

and set your transmitter to delta mixing.

For the model to climb you want both wings to pitch up / the front of the wings to go up.

And to do a right turn you want the left wing to pitch up while the right wing pitch is down.

If your transmitter is old and does not have delta mixing or V-tail mixing you can buy a small gizmo which will do v-tail mix for you.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

So i got the mix working which is great but not had a chance to head to the flying field yet but have another question

I have an arm from a quad with a motor on it that seems ideal to mount on top of the glider and is fairly lightweight. If the motor only has two cables how would you control the motor speed if you cant connect it to an esc ?

Posted by Charles Ayling on 04/11/2019 08:21:54:

Its one of these [£3.14 20% OFF]Eachine E58 RC Quadcopter Spare Parts Axis Arms with Motor & Propeller RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/5kLJxFeVk1

Hi, i can not see that being anywhere near powerful enough for the job.

The Motor is a 2208/08 that was also in my spares box and i have a 4.75 x 4.75 Apc prop Running on a 3s Lipo you could get away with a 2s Lipo Battery.

So you would need to look for something in that ball park.

Steve

• 6 months later...