Radiolink AT9 Issues

Dave F

Hi guys wondering if you could help..

I have a stock (no changes made) mode 2 radiolink at9, when i first set it up for a powered glider its decided that the throttle is reversed from the get go. Meaning a complete newbie like myself suddenly took off rather quickly when just wanting to test it out. Also turning off the radio results in it going full whack until the battery is unplugged which i also learnt the hard way.

All signs show that nothings out of order and if i want the throttle set to normal i have to set it as reversed but it still reverts when the radio is turned off.

Would updating the firmware maybe fix this issue or have i missed something?

Once again any help or opinions are very much appreciated.

DF

• 2 years later...

Dave

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?

I have just plugged all the bits in and I have exactly the same issue!

I have not yet trawled YouTube etc. and was wondering whether this was an ESC or Tx issue

A quick solution (if you have one) would save me a lot of headscratching

Radiolink AT9S

Overlander XP2 20A ESC

Overlander Tornado Thumper 2836/08 motor

It sounds like you have not set the failsafe so when you turn the tx off it reverts to original setting set the failsafe and see . Turning the TX off before the RX is never agood idea for such reason as this.

I must say it a shocker when the electric motor starts at full throttle an flys acros the table at you when first setting up, lurnt my lesson and set up with prop off .

I don't have a Radiolink Tx but guess like Futaba they have their standard stick/servo rotations reversed to say Spektrum/Multiplex/Jeti etc etc, which means when using an electric model then you have to reverse the throttle action.

Also you should then set the receiver failsafe to the throttle position off so if you ever lose the signal or inadvertently switch off the Tx before the Rx the throttle channel will go to the motor off position. Note you should always switch the Tx on before the Rx and the Rx off before the Tx.

BTW I saw an IC power flier lose a model by switching off the Tx before the Rx with an incorrectly set failsafe, he'd landed a bit away and thought the engine has stopped so switched off the Tx and the model then took off and promptly rolled into the ground on full chat.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I tried reversing the install procedure e.g throttle down during initialisation and I had set the failsafe prior to plugging everything in and also not connecting prop!

In exasperation I took the whole lot down to a club meeting and had various sages look it over and the only solution is to reverse the action in a simple option in the RadioLink Tx.

Thanks Frank! (I have put in bold the the relevant bit)

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 17/02/2020 21:19:59:

I don't have a Radiolink Tx but guess like Futaba they have their standard stick/servo rotations reversed to say Spektrum/Multiplex/Jeti etc etc, which means when using an electric model then you have to reverse the throttle action.

I am slowly beginning to realise the sorry fact there is little standardisation in this hobby, so I must accept this 'kludgey' solution and will now burn the ESC and Motor instructions wink

- just another thing for my befuddled brain to have to remember

"Don't forget to check that throttle is reversed before powering it all up!"