DX6e Wireless buddy box question

Brian Dorricott 1

I am using a DX6e as master wireless and a DXe as a slave , everything works ok but it does not seem to trim out properly . If my instructor changes trim on the master DX6e I am having to match it on the DXe which is bit hard if your the nervous beginner type . Is there any way to set it up so the trim stays with the master ? Tried google but no one seems to have a DX6e yet , anyone suggest settings on both ( got the programming lead for DXe) and then I will try it again.Help appreciated thanks

Thanks guys for replies , I can test this on the bench by putting in a big trim change on the DX6e master and when I press the trainer button there should be no change -correct ? Just to clarify the DXe Slave is one model only tx so cannot create a new memory it does not have one . Just to amuse you guys and confirm my limited ability , I was under instruction and every time the instructor gave me control the plane dived , trim it he said so I did until it was at the end travel still it nose dived after a minute of this I listened carefully and noted that I had the motor kill switch on ! Always carry the plane out to field with tx kill switch on just forgot - red faced , not half.

Thanks everyone Pilot Link Master was the trick ! Every change now on trim on master is reflected on slave so now I don't touch trims on slave at all . Just stick input now so it's sorted ta guys . Zeroed everything on DXe and now spot on with DX6e doing all the trimming etc

Now a big question how long before you get any better at it ? or was 58 to old to start ?

Stick with it as Chris says - it will be frustrating that youngsters learn quickly but it just takes longer with age.

One thing you may find is that concentrating on flying gets harder after a certain time - maybe 10 minutes maybe 15 mins- it all depends. You need to find your own limit ( if any! ) and not exceed that once you start to fly solo. Personally I never fly beyond 10 minutes of aerobatics now whilst 30 years ago I would always fly for 20 minutes at a time. Reason is i noticed that some other older pilots flew well for perhaps 7 or 8 minutes then crashed - they did it week after week. They didint seem to realise they were losing concentration after a while. So I tried to make certain that didn't happen to me as I got older! Obviously flying slow vintage style models might ( or might not! ) need less concentration and could be flown for longer - again it all depends. Whilst you need to push the limits to improve your skill, you also need to know your limits in concentration and land whilst you are still well in control.