Acro Wot Kit

Michael Little

hello trebor….you don't really need to choose...ive had a few variations of both.....also the W/Wot....I would recommend you get both(the ARTB) ones …… not the ARTF jobs......trace all the bits before building and you have the means to rebuild again......wot more could you want....

ken anderson...ne..1...… wot more could you want dept.

I wish I could get both sad I have to sneak them past the guard on duty, trouble is it's always the same one and she can read me like a book laugh

Ps, am I correct in saying the build ones have foam core wings and the Artf have normal splintering balsa / ply ? 

Edited By trebor on 06/07/2018 09:33:04

If you are an “electric” guy it’s probably well worth considering an LIFE 2s receiver battery . I would suggest a 1600mah one or a 1000. You can buy them atcomponent shop https://www.componentshop.co.uk/ The advantage of these batteries is that they charge much faster than Nimh and are much lighter. I use them in all my new IC planes.  They need balance charging like lipos . You need to make sure your receiver and servos will take 6v though.

Edited By Tim Harris 1 on 06/07/2018 10:00:08

Sorry about I phone text changing! Just thought i’d add that in as it means you can fly at the last minute... quite useful for those of us with families and rapidly changing plans . The LIFE batteries also hold charge much better than nimh . Their charge drop off is more sudden though so you do need to monitor voltage as we all should on any battery!

Regarding WOT 4 and Acrowot. I have both which I built from kits. The Wot 4 has the Winter advantage with its high wing meaning the aileron servos and wing doesn’t get so plastered in mud! The Acrowot cuts through the sky a bit better and is more prescise handling . Both will tolerate British weather and strong wind and if the kit rather than ARTF can be built strong 😊

Edited By Tim Harris 1 on 06/07/2018 09:58:17

Thats great info, I much prefer the look of the LIFE packs, and as you stated I always use a voltage monitor to let me know when I need to come in on my electrics

6.6V 1000mAh LiFePO4 Receiver RC Battery Vapex

From what I can see my servos are rated from 4v-6v, these are 6.6v, would that effect them at all? and also can I charge these the same as lipos (I'm assuming yes as the seems to have a similar balance charge lead). Im assuming 1000mah will be enough for say 30minutes flight time at least? I would rather it be a tad lighter and buy a couple.

Thanks again for all your help guys its really helped me with this build!

LiFe packs will come with balance lead.

Servos are a bit faster / more powerful with the higher voltage packs.

However - bear in mind that 6.6V figure, that is nominal voltage, you'll see 7.2V on fully charged - so you may wish to use a 5V regulator on that LiFe pack.

Thanks Nigel i went to wheelspin models yesterday to see what they had, there life packs were very expensive so i just got a nimh pack to alow me to set up the paramiters on the transmitter and to finalise all servos. Now all i need to do is install battery holder, receiver and put a hook on the rudder for the tail wheel and it will be ready to (hopefully) fly!!