FrSky X10 - Taranis replacement?

Chris Bott - Moderator

Thanks Bob. I just found that one and tried it successfully. There seem to be so many versions around it gets confusing. Actually I think the RX8 file I tried is for a different receiver from the X8R I'm trying to rebind. I think it will work for the X6R receivers I have as well.

The page you've linked is the one where I found the X8R_LBT_15118.frk file ... then, believe it or not, I found I'd already downloaded it ages ago but ignored it as I was all on international firmware on the Taranis RF section.

Geoff

Advert

Now you tell me! I'm sticking to X8R_LBT_151118.frk. It seems to work - in the workshop at least and, hopefully, in anger at the field.

After the best part of a day getting models transferred to the Horus I feel quite virtuous. I've actually only got 4 on X receivers, the rest are on V8 types that don't need any firmware changing (in fact there's no way of doing it AFAIK) but it's still time consuming and the worst bit is getting those springy antennas back in their places. 2.4 gHz antennae are certainly smaller than the long 35Mhz ones but I find them more difficult to locate.

One feature I haven't seen mentioned is the difficulty of switching off the transmitter if it's still connected via telemetry to an X type receiver (a warning and the need to press the 'return' button) . That's a useful feature except when you're trying to check fail safes as I was.

Geoff

There is a bug in that warning, in that it is not very clear and the message scrolls off the screen. It is corrected in version 2.2.2 which should be out shortly now that the OpenTX team have finished on the X-Lite transmitter. This version also has a bootloader at last. Yipee! Agree it's a bit of a pain when checking failsafes!

If you have any planes with 4 stroke engines and X type receivers in them, then I really would install the latest receiver firmware.

Posted by Andy48 on 21/04/2018 22:22:45:

There is a bug in that warning, in that it is not very clear and the message scrolls off the screen. It is corrected in version 2.2.2 which should be out shortly now that the OpenTX team have finished on the X-Lite transmitter. This version also has a bootloader at last. Yipee! Agree it's a bit of a pain when checking failsafes!

If you have any planes with 4 stroke engines and X type receivers in them, then I really would install the latest receiver firmware.

did you mean petrol engines and xtypes?