Little Miss Honky Tonk

Hi Paul

I checked the battery location. It is attached to the fuselage side under the plate where the wing bolt nut is.

As I think I have said, Little Miss Honky Tonk flies like a fully aerobatic Super 60.Did I say that her party piece is square loops with a half roll on each leg? She is slow enough to do that without having to rush things

Peggy Sue 2 is a model that I only fly straight and level when it is inverted.The orginal smaller one was exactly the same.Just string loops, rolls spins, stall turns and everything else in one after the other.

Advert

Had to put the battery just behind the tank for now as I had sealed the front of the tank with silicon, still a bit tail heavy so added a little lead inside the cowl for now. Will take the tank out later and pop the battery below , that should get the C of G bang on. Also forgot to drill hole in the cowl to adjust the slow running, it's a new engine so will need some running in and a little adjustments.

Weather was looking good this morning so heading of to the field.

Paul.

20181215_153109.jpg

Run one tank full to get the engine limbered up , sun was shining little wind so she was ready to go. As expected she was in the air within a few yards and only needed two clicks of elevator, I had the engine running rich for the first flight be still had loads of power available. Loops, rolls, stall turns, inverted flight , slow speed handling excellent, with reduced throws and reduced power she flyes like a low wing trainer, up the throws and power and she is transformed into a lively aerobatic. Need to run the engine more and get the slow running sorted, and need to get some trim on the wings, white tends to disappear against the sky.

Another favourite model, well done Peter yes

Paul.

I have started using the allen bolts on my latest and have bought a couple of long allen keys.

I am quite sure that Little Miss Honky Tonk would be great with electric. Don't ask me what motor etc.

Wing loading is very light I can't remember the actual figure as that is on my old laptop but it will be under 20 oz per sq. ft

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone building from the pull out plan, I thought that I would just mention that the 1/16in vertical sheer webs on the main spar are not shown on the plan or the illustration on page 63 in the RCM&E July mag. Of course it is mentioned in Peter's comprehensive build instructions and visible in the photos in this thread.

Looking forward to building one of these (for electric), just need to finish another project first. yes

Guilty. I just checked the original drawing and for some reason I missed out the webs.

If someone doesn't use them because they are not there the wing should be quite strong enough. The webs really stop ot warping as much as anything.

I can tell you that Dancing Queen had a Gee meter fitted and I did a long, vertical dive and applied full up suddenly. The g meter registered 24.8 G without any damage.

I very much doubt if Little Miss Honky Tonk could ever get anything like that G reading. Even my Super Marauder only pulled 6 G and that was thrown around a lot.

However it is a good idea to add the webs as per the instructions as it does make the wing siffer and anti warp.