hanger 9 60size razorback Cof G

john Bains

Hi , looking for some advice , I have almost finished refurbishing a damaged H9P47 Razorback , there was some damage to the fuse tail and i had to rebuild it and have added a tail retract (electric HK special) when I balance it with the Cof G at 100mm from the leading edge at the wing root , i need 630 grams of lead to get it to balance , there is an OS 120 fs in the nose already it seems an awful lot of weight , i know the real a/c has a massive radial up front anyone had to add similar amounts to their's ?

thanks

John

Advert

I've got one of these but it's un flown. I've electrified it with everything Hangar 9 recommend and I went to balance it. It does seem to want a lot of lead. My problem was that I couldn't get the wings to push in the last half an inch. Neither together nor one at a time so it's not the wing tube causing problems. I only had a short window of opportunity to get it ready for flight so gave up and shoved it back in the loft and flew something else. I bought it second hand but untouched. I never thought to check the wings actually fit!

Let us all know how it flies!

hi , I had the same problem with the wings as well ! thought it was because i had glassed them , just need to give the face rib a gentle sanding and make sure your servo cables are routed out via the round holes and a gentle tap seats them in fine, dig it out of the loft and give it a go , cheers

John

I flew one with a DLE20 and another with the Enya 120. The Enya version was nicer to fly for sure due to the smoother power delivery of the 4 stroke but both models really fly well. Just remember that with flap down you have a shed load of drag so keep some power on, and i think the flap angle in the instructions is excessive but cant remember, i will have to ask the guys what they did with theirs

I took my Hangar 9 P47 back to the shop a couple of years ago and was refunded as the wings really didn't fit. I now have the Seagull version which I am much happier with. As said above warbirds often need front lead. If you added a tail retract that makes quite a big difference especially as the tail is a long way back from c of g. I'm not surprised you need a lot more. Happy Flying.

Edited By Timothy Harris 1 on 03/08/2017 10:17:27