Convert to 2.4ghz

OK - so recently converted my Optic 6 to 2.4ghz and a couple of questions. Most of my fleet is electric power so no issues but I have a Wot 4 and Acrowot that i built with 35mhz and have now converted the Wot4 to 2.4. My question having read bits on here, -  is a normal 4 cell nimh pack (4.8v) sufficient to power the Rx without dropping out suddenly or do i need to go Lipo route now for Rx supply - similarly have read the the Hitec Spectra module is quite current thirsty so again do I need to convert Tx to Lipo and is there a pack that conveniently disgust fits into the old eight cell space.

Many thanks

Mike

Edited By Mike Stevens on 27/08/2017 09:39:36

Advert

Part of the issue with some AA high capacity Nimh cells is that they have a high internal resistance, so while they will quite happily provide a low current for a long time, they can suffer a voltage dip if under a large load, for most models this isn't an issue, but using a 4 cell AA pack with digital servos on large control surfaces on say a 3D aerobatic model may be a problem.

As regards the Tx, 2.4 uses less power than 35 mhz so existing batteries should last longer.