Newbie attempts Ben Buck Junior 60

Tom Clayton

Don - I think I've really fouled up here. In my ignorance I've made a bracket to hold the ESC directly behind the bulkhead - and I've made it bomb proof. In my enthusiasm I've been looking, a bit too intently perhaps, at some very accomplished modeller's and their modifications, and I've deviated from the plans. This is the build that caught my eye>don.jpg

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike - Thanks! I've got a Turnigy 3542 brushless motor. As this is my first build I've studied a lot of J60 threads, it seems to me that the cowl is open to interpretation. I've gone for a longer nose. partyI had iGULL make me a beautiful ply motor mount (see earlier photes) sadly due to inexperience/incompetence in positioning this has been hacked and fettled to fit....not a pretty sight.img_2153.jpgimg_2154.jpg

I assume that because of the size of the motor you cannot shape the front of the cowling further so it has the typical Junior 60 shape , not that it really matters ? I also assume that the motor will need some venting to provide cooling, are you therefore introducing an air intake hole above the propeller on the top cowling or below the propeller in the lower cowling yet to be fitted ? Electric Junior 60 flyers might have some comment on these issues?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job so far Tom. 6 years ago I had never built any planes but stepped up and bought my first kit. A Great Planes T-craft. Covering and everything came out fine. Lots of you tube videos to show you how to do a large range of projects. I also have come to the fact that I love the old time vintage models although all of mine are nitro powered. I have a 84" Quaker, a 78" electric Lanzo Bomber, 80" Playboy Senior and 84" Sal Taibi PowerHouse. Here's a picture of it. So keep it up and let us see your progress. Montyimage.jpeg