Covering scissors

Some years ago my once very expensive pair of dressmaker`s scissors which I used for cutting covering film,etc became very blunt. I spotted a four pack of these in Lidl for the princely sum of £2.99 so gave them a try. They are still as sharp as the day I bought them despite much use, even 18gm/sq metre glass cloth is no problem.

As of today they are back in stock so if you are one of the dying breed who still makes models you may wish to get some, now £3.49.

Advert

got those lidl scisors too and thay have been great also got the electric knife sharpner that came available later and that keeps them sharp, glass cloth and diatex requires sharp scissors smiley

many edits to correct those pesky spelling mistakessurprise

Edited By flight1 on 24/09/2017 17:24:48

Edited By flight1 on 24/09/2017 17:26:13

Posted by Don Fry on 24/09/2017 20:00:52:

Might I suggest, that you keep a pair of good scissors to cut film and tex. And nothing else. And something cheap to cut brass and glass, wire. Sharpen the latter as needed.

Ask SWMBO if a dressmaker. Mine regards it as a divorce reason to look at her scissors.

My wife does needlework/embroidery and has a tiny pair of scissors sold to her on the basis they're too small for men to get their fingers in the loops! And they are, even for me who has small hands

I bought a cheap pair of scissors at a show years ago and was surprised that they cut covering film so well. They still do.

Geoff