Extreme Flight 83" MXS Electric Version

Looking more like the complete thing with the rest of the bits put on.

fullsizeoutput_a42.jpegI will make sure all screws and nuts are flight tight next and generally check things over. The prop is JXF wooden one 20X10E, although I have the option of going a little bit over to 21x12E or a little bit under at 19x10E with the 12S set up.

Advert

Hi Gary,

the motor is :-

**LINK**

I have another of these motors on my Bondaero MXS 78" MX2 170E using a 20x10E wooden prop and have found it to be an excellent performer.

For this Extreme Flight 83" MXS I am using a 120Amp ESC OPTO version from 4-Max reference PP-TESC 120HVAU

While the voltage regulator or UBEC, which is wired into the Lipo battery power leads, is a 4-Max 20AMP regulated down to 6volt. This is all connected up with a hefty anti-spark connector.

Hope that helps you. Needless to say I am looking forward to the maiden! laugh

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 16/10/2017 20:38:50:

Yes John, I agree. Hope she flies as good as she looks. I must say as an IC'er I am getting quite excited about electric flight. There, I never thought I would say that!

Blasphemy! wink I will have to get a move on otherwise you’ll beat me to the maiden!

Having been doubtful last night about the weather, this morning turned out to ideal maiden flight weather. Nothing else for it, but to get it done and disappeared down the field at the crack of dawn (well 8.30am anyway.)

fullsizeoutput_a45.jpegNot much wind about......

fullsizeoutput_a46.jpegAll nicely strapped in and ready for pre-flight checks and range check.

The flight was completely without stress. All I had to do was give her four clicks of right aileron ( may be something to do with the racing tip alignment), but you can see it from the above photo it is not quite there. CoG seemed about right at the mid-point range between 5 1/4-6 1/4". Knife edge pretty clean with no inputs needed other than a tad of rudder. Loops and rolls pretty clean and the stall turn was absolutely precise and spot on. Lastly, I tried a couple of upright flat spins from height which need a bit of work on, but good enough for the first flights.

Back on the ground safe.

fullsizeoutput_a48.jpegThe debrief is short and to the point.

Landings are a peach and touch down is as light as feather. Much, much better than I can achieve with my petrols so I am pleased with that.

Power is provided by 2 x 4500 mAh TopFuel 6S Lipos wired in series and 20x10E wooden prop. Duration was 8 minutes which was as far as I was prepared to go, but there seemed a lot more power left at the end.

Yipee .............. teeth 2 smile d

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 26/10/2017 12:22:10