Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

Advert

Posted by Graham R on 14/01/2019 22:29:29:

Hi Paul, been without internet for a month but back now. 109 is looking really good. Got a bit behind with mine as I have been building a set of F5j glider wings for the beginning of the season. Well don for keeping this thread going.

?????GLIDERS???? oh how the neighbourhood has gone downhill.....cheeky

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 14/01/2019 22:43:27:
Posted by Graham R on 14/01/2019 22:29:29:

Hi Paul, been without internet for a month but back now. 109 is looking really good. Got a bit behind with mine as I have been building a set of F5j glider wings for the beginning of the season. Well don for keeping this thread going.

?????GLIDERS???? oh how the neighbourhood has gone downhill.....cheeky

Hi Paul, Sorry to hear about going downhill, try slope soaring on a better hill. if you have an aversion for gliders  think that therapy may be available. It really will be quite painless.laughcheeky

Edited By Graham R on 15/01/2019 20:21:46

That’s unless he changes his mind and brings out the Heinkel which would be very nice Richard.

Paul, your 109 is really looking superb. How did you make the airscoops etc.

When you retract the undercarriage do the fairings come up close to the wing surface? Mine don’t.

Edited By Graham R on 16/01/2019 12:25:57

Graham.

the air scoops are made by making a profile from wood and a die from some scrap ply. put a piece of plastic sheet over the die , hold in place with paper clamps, warm up the plastic to soft with a hot air paint stripping gun then push gently through. I couldn't find where I put the 109's profile and die so here's the one I used on my spitfire.

20190116_160623.jpg

20190116_160732.jpg

And a close up of the 109's

20190116_160809.jpg

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 16/01/2019 16:49:42

U/C

Some pictures of it, the door doesn't fit tight against the wing but it looks ok.

20190116_163602.jpg

As you are aware because of the leg angles and the large wheel it's all a tight fit. I didn't want to excavate unnecessarily into the wing if I didn't have to.

I have respect for the original designers in the problems of shoe horning all that kit into a small space.

I need to paint the doors too as there not quiet right in colour compared to the wing.

• Like 1

Thank you Brian, coming from you that's a real complement.

As some of you are aware It is the third kit I have built and all the help and tips have been appreciated.

Especially from the 'BOSS' himself.... well actually it was Graham, Sweep was a little temperamental, well actually quiet rude.... unless I had MOAMS!

Evening Gents,

A couple of things ( a thank you and a request):

1) It is barely a month ago that I asked for help in getting one of RM's Me109 kits - all based on the magnificent build log and appreciation that the aircraft is one of the flying icons.

Today I collected my Me109 kit - so hearty thanks to all involved in enabling this

2) Although I'll aspire to building as lovely a model as PJ has produced I will be wanting to access the build log a lot.to help me with trying to do that.

So, does the build log stay available online forever (more or less) and if not is there any convenient way to download it (one screen at a time works but is painful). This may be a no-brainer to many, if so can someone tell me the trick ?

Thank you all

Ed