ESC problem-Durafly Vampire V2

zz

I have a DF Vampire V2 as my first EDF and using a Spektrum DX7 G2 radio.

I have set the throttle cut to switch H and it kills the motor in the on position I have selected.

I have the timer set to activate at 10per cent and with the throttle stick in the lowest position.

When I move the throttle cut to off, the motor starts. I can only stop the motor to moving throttle cut to on.

I have tried to recalibrate the ESC. I have changed the receiver and tried other timer settings. Nothing stops this problem. It must be in the ESC somewhere, I just can't isolate the problem.

Hoping some one out there may have encountered a similar problem and effected a fix.

Thanks.

Advert

Is it a throttle cut or lock? Cut suggests that it moves the throttle to a preset setting (normally zero) - if the ESC sees a setting within its operating range when the switch position is selected it will energise the motor appropriately.

First steps would be to check the programming of the throttle cut and do a recalibration of the ESC (perhaps with the cut switch activated as a precaution).

Edited By Martin Harris on 02/12/2017 23:39:12

Just a quick thought. Have you got the throttle cut set using the default -130% ?

Try going into the throttle cut settings and reducing it first to -120%....... then rebind with the throttle cut switch in the motor on position. If this doesn't work try the process again at -110%.

Don't ask me why but this has worked for me and others before.

I have had a busy few days since posting my Q with kids parties and Cat Stevens concert.. Thank you to all who responded. I opted to chase the easiest fixes first and took the advice of Chris and Steve to re-set the throttle cut. So simple. It now works bonza.

Summer storms predicted to the week end, so probably next week for the maiden.

Thanks again.

Edited By kooka on 05/12/2017 02:38:32

Good luck with the maiden Kooka. I had the V1 for a few years and they fly really well. As with any EDF they go best on LiPos with a high C rating.

Watch out for the low drag airframe when landing - if it's calm they float on a long way. Unlike many models, I found it best to cut the power and glide in.