HK Covering does not like petrol. - from the inside

Hamish

My first venture into petrol and in my newly covered Cub I had a major petrol leak within the Fuz, I now notice that the covering is starting to have an orange peel effect from the inside out. Yes I should not have spilled fuel but could I have sealed the tank/engine bay to prevent this and with what ???

As an aside I converted an old Saito 45 to petrol with a cheap Pegasus ignition system and am very impressed. Hopefully maiden tomorrow provided the creeping disease awaits.

Petrol is a good debonder and degreaser Hamish as we know

It is 0° outside in my shed, but that's where the model needs to go as the petrol will evaporate preferably outdoors

Heat will speed things up, but you cannot do this indoors surely

Anyways, the petrol will evaporate in time

An hairdryer will help

When it is all gone, just reseal the covering with balsaloc

The tank boys can answer the rest

yes plus one for Clearcoat. It's a bit tricky getting a good coat into a tank bay if model is already built and covered as the thinners in Clearcoat will also attack or soften the film adhesive. I proof the tank bay before covering with a good wet coat of Clearcoat just slightly thinned with cellulose thinner then allow it to soak in . IMHO Clearcoat is the best single pack fuel proofer . Also coat any areas where fuel may be sprayed before covering , but allow at least 24 hrs for Clearcoat to dry before applying covering. Clearcoat activates with heat when covering and welds to the covering adhesive. The covering will then  only come off if heated and fuel won't creep under it or soak into the wood.