Hitec

Wilson H

Have heard rumour that Hitec are stopping launch of new radio and 9x and 9 are now no longer available, has anyone else heard this. I know jr are filing for bankruptcy so was wondering if they are going same way. I was holding out for new launch of radio from Hitec  but if that’s not going to happen will have to re think

Edited By Wilson H on 30/12/2017 11:33:38

Advert

Posted by MattyB on 28/12/2017 17:15:35:

For future reference - Hitec confirm in Dec 2017 that they have shelved all future TX development and the 14 and 16ch prototypes will not be brought to market... sad

“...We have been testing new beta versions of our 14 and 16 channel transmitters for the past year or so and I personally have been flying on them in my own personal airplanes, they are not vaporware as they exist and are functional- the 14ch itself was ready to roll into production and start distribution ASAP pending a couple small software bugs. The 16ch was nearly complete as well.

Over the summer this past year it was decided to NOT bring either one of these transmitters to market based upon worldwide market conditions and the associated high cost to produce, market, and support the product. It is with a heavy heart that we officially announce the cancellation of our new 14 and 16 channel transmitters, the projects have been shelved indefinitely. We apologize to everyone about broken promises to introducing new transmitters but transmitters have not proven to be our strongest point. Our current line of transmitters will still be produced and supported, and our servo technology is always ever expanding with new innovations around every corner.”

It certainly is a changed market compared to 18 months ago. Spektrum seem to have effectively deserted Europe with their much reduced distribution network, hiked prices and service troubles (though at least there is a uk service facility again now). As a result around me many Spek devotees are looking elsewhere, with most going to FrSky. JR appear to be in dire straights (their RC business at least), and now we have Hitec effectively withdrawing from TXs (whether they continue to offer the Flash and Aurora is effectively irrelevant given they’ve stated there will be no new sets, so no new customers are going to go with them).

I guess in this “new world” it is FrSky and Spek who will be the mainstream choices for beginner and intermediate sets, with Futaba and Jeti taking the majority of the top end. I would like to see Graupner become more popular - their sets are sensibly species with good telemetry integration - but I am not sure they will have the marketing or R&D budgets to keep up.

Edited By MattyB on 30/12/2017 14:44:16

JR have not had a happy time of late, BUT manufacture of much of range is now happening and DMSS receivers, XG transmitters and some servos are now available. They even have "new" receivers about to launch. These can pair up with existing 6ch and 8ch rx to give 12 or 16 PWM outputs plus dual redundancy I belive. So they re not dead yet!

However, it is undoubtedly a very tough market out there and all the rc manufacturers are suffering. The market for transmitters (especially top end ones) is shrinking so it' s not a great surprise that Hitec and others don't want to invest in launching expensive new kit. 

Edited By David Ovenden on 30/12/2017 15:07:00

Edited By David Ovenden on 30/12/2017 15:08:28

Posted by David Ovenden on 30/12/2017 15:06:19:

JR have not had a happy time of late, BUT manufacture of much of range is now happening and DMSS receivers, XG transmitters and some servos are now available. They even have "new" receivers about to launch. These can pair up with existing 6ch and 8ch rx to give 12 or 16 PWM outputs plus dual redundancy I belive. So they re not dead yet!

Sadly it appears JR Propo have very recently declared bankruptcy in Japan, meaning the recent deliveries may only have represented a stay of execution. Perhaps bits of their business will be picked up and retained a la Graupner, but it is still a sad day for a once great name in RC.

Edited By MattyB on 30/12/2017 15:22:38

Percy you are at least not £40 million light, like poor old JR.

But one thought I have. My transmitter is now about 5 years old. And with software updates, I'm not getting any this is getting long in the tooth feeling. It gets changed when it breaks. And that thought process is not good news for transmitter makers.

Posted by Percy Verance on 30/12/2017 13:47:40:

An odd statement if ever there was. Market saturated with transmitters? What about servos? Thousands everywhere you look, yet HiTec state they're ploughing on with servo development......

Is there more to this than perhaps meets the eye?

Yes, but they are the favoured brand of servos for a lot of modellers, and they must sell a lot of servos. Hitec must be close to being market leaders in servos.

• 1 year later...

I just do not understand this deal with Hitec. The above posts are over a year old. Is Hitec really not going to keep offering transmitters? Or is this old information? My hobby shop here in the US says he can not get any Hitec trans! Just what is the real story?----I am off now to the Hitec site to see what I can find out. Maybe should have done that first instead of asking here. Sorry for silly question, it's late---Bob

Having just read...or rather glanced at the three long reviews of transmitters in the last three issues of RCM&E there seems to be no shortage of trannies in all price ranges.

However I shall not worry. My Hitec Aurora 9 is fine. I have two of the old original Spektrum DX7s, both working well although one is kept as a spare and if all else fails I have my old and faithful Futaba Field Force 8 with a mass of receivers etc.

These will last me out without a doubt.laugh

Don't forget that Hitec is part of the Hitec-Multiplex compaany.

It would seem that Multiplex have given up on servos and now use Hitec ones in their models.

So maybe instead of developing high end Txs of their own they will be concentrating on the Multiplex ones. Whether they will badge engineer the Multiplex ones as Hitic remains to be seen. But why would they when they have really excellent ones at the top of the Multiplex range.

Probably makes business logic, let each part of the business do what it does best.

Just a thought.

Maxg