Ripmax EasyStreet 2

My canopy lock dropped off and needed gluing back in place. The plastic blades on these type of lock are only a press fit on the pin so they do need to be treated gently.

Where did you get your carbon u/c Sam? I'm using wire but as it's proving heavy and the wire has no temper so it needs bending back into shape after every landing it will have to go.

Brian, CC are rather expensive for what you get. They are just thick fibreglass at the core with a carbon outer so they aren't really the best value around. Saying that, I've used them a few times for larger models. As a last resort possibly but I'll shop around first. Come to think of it, I just need to look out for someone at the club piling in a foam Wot and scrounge the u/c face 1. No hurry as I'm afraid that the ES isn't my favourite model, it just isn't as good as the original in my opinion.

Bob, I am interested to know why you feel it is not as good as the original. Did you have an u/c on the original? I ask because I think it does everything as well or better - which it should do as a much later development. Although the quality is not top notch it is a huge improvement on my original at least. Unless landing on tarmac I would not put an u/c on this model; it hand launches extremely easily and the u/c will only slow it down once airborne.

Julian

I think the later development consisted of enlarging it and converting it for mass manufacturing with an updated look. I think the original flew better and being smaller gave an excellent performance on 3S 2200 packs. My new one just seems less forgiving, more prone to little flicks. I didn't have an u/c on the original, I could still manage a hand launch ok then, but I don't think an u/c would really make a notable difference to the handling. The weight of the wire does mean I need the battery as far back as it will go.

Maybe it's the rosy goggles of nostalgia making it hard for this one to compare, whatever it is my ES is definitely not first choice out of the shed.

Thanks for the u/c info RCPFthumbs up

Thanks for responding Bob. Blimey, you flew yours on lipos? Mine was on 8 cell 2000 mAh NiCds! With an Aveox brushless motor that cost the best part of £300 with its sensored controller - which only just fitted in the model. I remember the first time I powered it up and thought - 'WOW'! It was so powerful compared to my Speed 600 motors. Then I bought a Schulze sensorless controller and thought it must be magic the way it knew where the motor rotor was. Happy days - nothing wrong with nostalgia

Julian

Hi Bob Cotsford I got mine from Carbon Copy. but just keep in mind that the delivery service will take ages.

I m using this:http://www.carboncopyuk.com/Store1/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54

it sticks out by about 5mm on each side, but still looks nice and I didnt have to add any weight just move the battery to get my CG right. Also, I used Sullivan's 0.75" Tail Wheel with Bracket from RCWorld.co.uk.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob Cotsford, if you have not ordered your undercarriage from CarbonCopy yet, well DONT.

CarbonCopy.co.uk customer service is on the extreme end of the bad scale. I had two orders from them, it took 3 weeks to get my first order delivered and that after unanswered calls and emails.

the second one is still on going, I managed to get through after attempting to phone the same number 100 times, yes, you ve read this right; 100 times;to the guy who runs it twice. the first time, he promised that I should get the order by the end of the week. End of week came and nothing, so after numerous attempts, I got through, and no sympathy, and was told that he is not Hobbyking, well guess, what I dont care, I fullfiled my part of the contract, I should expect to get my order in a reasonable time, or at least I should informed of any unexpected possible delay.

Now, its 4 weeks and I m still waiting to get my order. I have to consider the paypal complain route to get him to respond.

Sorry guys, about the unrelated rant. but please, be aware and spend your money somewhere were you will get a good customer experience.