FMS Hawk anybody?

SIMON CRAGG

Advert

I have just maiden my Freewing Hawk and it fly a treat looks good in air to.Not flown the FMS Hawk but would think it is very similar to my Freewing Hawk My Freewing Hawk is a 70mm EDF ,the FMS is an 80 EDFso should have plenty of power .My Freewing pulls vertical .Very pleased with it If you like EDF I would say go for it

I've been flying one since the first batch-the second one only arrives the end of this month. I use a 5000 6s 50c Overlander pack in mine, I have also used the 35c 4250 6s pack from the same company.

With the 5000 all the way back its still a tiny bit nose heavy, but it still climbs in knife edge! Flown mainly from grass the gear copes with the weight just fine. Take off flap is always used and take off roll on grass is 30m. Full flap passes are lock solid. Full gear doors and lights add to the look. Nose probe unscrews and I 'plug' it into the cockpit area to store.

Its a really well sorted package, I fly 5 minutes mixed aeros, near 6 minutes with out any long verticals.

• 4 weeks later...