Advert

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know whether it's possible to use a 'full-size' transmitter for these models? I have been trying to find out what 2.4 system they are using, because it certainly aint DSM2, so from an interest point of view, any experts know what the  system is - seems like it just locks on to one of the 79 frequencies, but as the blurb says that 'therefore 26 can be flown at once' it seems like the system uses up to 3 frequencies.
My reason for asking is that I would dearly like all my indoor 2.4 ghz models on my DSX9 transmitter, which I already have the Blade CsX on and it flies beautifully, and much smoother.

Mike H

My Minium Edge 540 flies to a pretty decent range - far enough to be getting quite small and is certainly capable of flying outdoors - I've haven't flown it indoors yet...

With its aileron control (pretty effective) it will actually handle some seriously windy conditions although you're fighting continuously and it's not much fun - but these are superb performers for their size with amazing endurance on the tiny li-po cell.

Usually, when you're pushing the range, a blip or two from the motor warns you to turn back but it's never failed to return.  I've never felt the need to fly further than this sort of range anyway which I would guess to be a good 50M. 

Edited By Martin Harris on 27/08/2009 13:08:52

Posted by Mike Healy on 27/08/2009 11:59:37:
Does anyone know whether it's possible to use a 'full-size' transmitter for these models? I have been trying to find out what 2.4 system they are using, because it certainly aint DSM2, so from an interest point of view, any experts know what the  system is - seems like it just locks on to one of the 79 frequencies, but as the blurb says that 'therefore 26 can be flown at once' it seems like the system uses up to 3 frequencies.
My reason for asking is that I would dearly like all my indoor 2.4 ghz models on my DSX9 transmitter, which I already have the Blade CsX on and it flies beautifully, and much smoother.

Mike H

Mike, fraid not the Kyosho 2.4 gear is unique to Kyosho, the E-flite and Park Zone bind n fly models are in the Horizon Hobbies range who also do Spektrum hence the compatibility.