Hello once again - third time lucky

MartinN

Hi all,

Not completely new to the forum but haven't been around in a good few years. I first joined up in 2009 when I wanted to make a move from buggies into flying...then child number 1 turned up not so ling thereafter.

Roll forward to 2015 when I popped back but I then got scuppered by work sending me to work in the US every 6 weeks or so which meant there really wasn't time for much.

2016 was the year of redundancy, 2017 the year of moving to the Norfolk coast (from Buckinghamshire) and 2018 is the year of being 40 and therefore time for the midlife crisis; thought it time I get my finger our and get on with this long lasting desire.

I'm no longer in possession of any of the 'kit' I had previously so starting again. I'll be getting in contact with my local club (Acle) in the next few days and hopefully get to visit in the not too distant future. From what I see they have their own training plan available so there's no need to rush into buying anything in a hurry...but where's the fun in that! I'll not bite the bullet until I've been to see them as they have some noise restrictions so unsure whether to head down the IC or brushless route - they do allow both.

I work away 2 or 3 days most weeks so doubt I'll head down a built route and will stick to some form of ARTF model. IC is my preference so hope to find myself a .40 trainer.

We shall see!

Advert

I flew an ST Discovery at RC Hotel last year and that was a nice foam plane.

It is the standard trainer at rchotel. It seemed quite popular and there were plenty of fancier planes free to take off the rack.

I also liked the FMS SuperEZ if you prefer a foam tail dragger.

See what they have at the club, plenty of time to spend your money.

Good luck