Airsail De Haviland Beaver

Hi Forum members Great Easter Day to get the Laptop out and read all the latest post topics. So here is my query -- I have been donated a 10 year old kit as above and spent an hour undoing the first attempt by the donor to join the Fusalage sides and first two formers. So as we do we search the net for any comments on the models flying characteristics, the only one I found said it is not an easy flyer. Has anyone on here built and flew this model and what engine in the IC range. Any info much appreciated

Advert

Hi, I too am building this model and have nearly finished the fuselage.

I also read about some problems with the model taking off, so, and I could be completely wrong, I've decided to make it with a steerable tailwheel to see if the take off run is improved.

My build has been a bit on and off as I've also been building a 4ch trainer as I'm new "again" to RC models.

I may post some photos of my progress so far.........

There is no disadvantage with steering guys, always fit if you can.

OK, the Beaver, is not a trainer as you are clear about.

Mine fly's on an elderly OS 48 four stroke motor, and this never was a racing engine.

What makes the Beaver model a different fly is included in the following, but it does fly,

There is not much prop gets past the cowl into free air

Compared to the wingspan, the chord is narrow

The model is draggy, huge from the front, and large sided too

But the Beaver does fly and is beautiful to look at.

Don't dawdle at any point, keep it moving as it looses authority quickly as it slows

Landing wheels to the ground before power is shut off

Hi DaveyP postman dropped the instructions through the letter box today, Thank You. So the Yorkshire Air Ambulance will have my donation later today after a Coffee and quick read

Looks like I did the right thing stripping out formers F2 & F3 as F3 needs to 6mm holes drilling before fitting