HobbyKing Teksumo

Thank you, Woowoo, just read the instructions, and have taken Piers advice and a programming card, and as ever other bits and pieces are winging their way. Pity, it was going for launch today, but patience is a virtue..

Andy dead right, Genius.

Having fitted the prop the problem has gone. Just a bit apprehensive now, as it proposes about 550 watts of power to push 650 grams AUW. And that is not flat out but where I have set the telemetry amp warning.

"2826 2200Kv motor, and is on a 4s battery. It has a 40 amp speed controller,"

what prop are you fitting Don?

I measured 390W on a 6x4 on only 3s with that size motor.

4s on the same, for a 1.5lb model sounds barking!

I have invested in one of the Orange telemetry receivers. And onboard flight pack voltage, and amp sensors. The prop is a 6x4. It will draw about 35 amps flat out, stationary, and the prop sounded like it was well stalled. But I have set the lady to shout at me when I go over 30 amps. The motor seems happy, but only for short bursts I suspect.

About 20% throttle seems to give respectable launch power. It's quite scary running it flat out. And the Lipo I was setting it up with was at storage voltage, so a bit more ooomfh when full charged

In defence, I have installed the exact recommended HK installation, (hot version). Don't have to open the throttle.

We will see on Saturday, God Willing, when I will get someone to do the chuck, so I can concentrate on the sticks.

This thing has been assembled as something to take on holiday. Considering its small part count it has been out of my comfort zone.

Any way, maidened it today, in a 20kph wind. Went away very nicely on about 20% power, and trimmed it out. It needed some reflex from my initial bench settings, but it was very pleasant to fly, and when I gave the throttle some movement, accelerated swiftly without climb or dive, so I reckoned the CG was about right.

Then I opened the throttle. The lady who lives in the transmitter was shouting I was drawing 35 amps, so with a full charge hi spec 4s battery, that's about 550 watts. It moved from left to right like a scolded cat. The controls suddenly became a different ballgame more responsive. And then I heard a control surface flutter. Followed a fraction of a second later with the wing parting in two. The powered half then twirled a high speed, maintaining hight, but I cut the throttle and it sycamores to ground. No damage except it is in two parts.

Not a sloppy linkage. I had replaced the supplied rod with a heavier unit, ball link at one end and a tight Z bend on the other.

I think Nigel R was right, barking power excess.

Onwards and upwards.

img_0441.jpg

img_0439.jpg

Edited By Don Fry on 05/05/2018 16:31:28

Think the tape would work, as the thing pulled itself apart. The glue held, but expanded polypropylene is tough but floppy stuff. But a couple of hundred less watts torturing it would also help.

I think, bearing in mind I am not buying Lipo batteries, and certainly not new sizes, I have a bucketful of 1800 3S jobbies. Three quarters the power, a bit less weight. Sounds like a plan.

Edited By Don Fry on 05/05/2018 19:38:04