Ballerina Speedster.

dscf1577.jpgI'm always doing silly things so I thought I better not change now,been flying so no work to the speedster but since getting back home ive been sizeing things up and decided to change my electric ballerina to ic,I decommissioned my chipmunk a couple of weeks ago so now the idea is to use the petrol engine in the ballerina so two planes on the go at the same time.dscf1578.jpg

Advert

dscf1581.jpgdscf1580.jpgstill not done much to the speedster as im still trying to make a big enough building area to build the wings.done a little to my normal ballerina,keeping it in the family ive used the destiny design for cooling,i think I will change the engine back to glow instead of trying to cram every thing in the fuz.and I knew I had a pilot some where for the bigger one,i really must learn to be more tidy.dscf1583.jpg

dscf1590.jpgwork today so no flying so had an hour or so on the small ballerina,nearly there just throttle linkage to sort and she will be ready to remaiden.a change to the colour scheme as I didn't have any matching covering so went a bit more racey.dscf1592.jpg

The weather is very hot but that cowling looks good.It should force the air through the fins which is always a good idea.

C/L speed models used to have very close cowlings that forced all the air between the fins and actually touched the fins.

I did a similar cowl on a PAW 1.5cc and that engine never over heated

Thx Peter,thx for a great design,what with no wind today she didn't want to come down and floated the length of our runway which is a long one,it was worth changinging from electric to glow if just for the sound,brilliant plane and no bad tendercies.10 out of 10

Hi Paul my ballerina was enlarged to 65 inch,still over powered on the 90 it can more or less take off in its own lengh

and that's on a calm still day,its back on with the 90 inch one when it cools down a bit.touch and go,s and knife edge along with everything else I like doing with this plane,its just a joy to fly.