YEP 120 amp speed controller programming problems

Has any one re- programmed one of these speed controllers , I have other YEP controllers and with the card there is no problems in re- programming, but this is the first 120 amp speedo I have and it comes with an additional 3 core wire soldered in, i have tried fitting this into a spare port in the receiver, i have inserted the other wire off the speedo into the motor port on the receiver,the card seems to work, it lights up I can move the lights on the card horizontally and vertically to select what i want to alter but when i press the accept button nothing happens, usually there is a beep to tell you that the speedo has accepted the new setting. I need to alter the setting as the speedo comes set up for a helicopter and the throttle settings need changing, any ideas ?

Advert

You may already have taken care of this Geoff, but just in case you missed it

The Throttle has to be down, off, and trimmed down below zero

Any split second Throttle up setting and the ESC is disabled.

Initially it is difficult to tell if the throttle is reversed.

To my knowledge, the extra connector is for reverse on boat or car

Edited By Denis Watkins on 26/06/2018 10:21:08

If you have two “signal” wires on the ESC it might be the opto version in which case the YEP should work the same as my YGE for programming:-

Remove the normal wire from the Rx, plug the other wire from the ESC onto the left (ESC) connector of the prog card.

Use a patch wire from the right (Rx) connector of the prog card to the throttle channel of the Rx.

Power up the Rx.

Connect the main battery to the ESC.

Programming should now be possible (I hope!).

Dick