Nickel, Cobalt, Aluminium Batteries

Bill Wood

Does anyone know about Nickel, Cobalt, Aluminium rechargeable batteries?

I've recently bought the latest cordless vacuum cleaner from a well known brand and it is stated that the batteries are 7 cell Nickel, Cobalt, Aluminium. The previous cordless vacs have lithium ion batteries which I would have expected. The manufacturer must see some advantage in this new (to me) type of chemistry. I wondered if they would have any advantages in our hobby.

Advert

Thanks Bob, It doesn't mention any lithium content in the battery description for the vac. Personally I'm just looking forward to the next big leap in battery technology for our models. Yes lipos have seen a revolution in model flying but I think something new is just around the corner.

I've heard rumours of a technology where a small container of a special liquid created from municipal waste, biomass or recycled carbon dioxide can be carried behind a well proven converting mechanism which turns the potential energy within the liquid into heat energy, which is then used to create mechanical motion to drive the propeller. An additional benefit is that the on board energy container can be recharged in a matter of seconds.

Do you think it might catch on?

Posted by Martin Harris on 22/07/2018 13:52:37:

I've heard rumours of a technology where a small container of a special liquid created from municipal waste, biomass or recycled carbon dioxide can be carried behind a well proven converting mechanism which turns the potential energy within the liquid into heat energy, which is then used to create mechanical motion to drive the propeller. An additional benefit is that the on board energy container can be recharged in a matter of seconds.

Do you think it might catch on?

Sounds like a plan.