Best Building Guide or Book for first time builder

Michael Crawforth

How about

Learn to make models that Fly, by Kelvin Shaxcklock.

It's about building, not flying models.

He starts with the basic chuck glider and shows how to progress through to full scale warbirds.

You get plans and full build instructions on each type of aircraft, all very logically put.

On Ebay from £11.00 and Amazon from about £8.00.

Advert

Posted by Mike Etheridge 1 on 13/09/2018 15:57:45:

This book dates back to the 1950's and is a free 16 mb download.

Construction for Aeromodellers 1955 (PDF)

Another we used which may be available as a free download is below, i am not sure what happened to my copy?

Design for Aeromodellers - cover thumbnail

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 13/09/2018 16:00:22

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 13/09/2018 16:04:46

You're bringing back memories now. This one used to be my bible and bedtime reading:

I have just spent an hour or two with my ancient computer and found that I had actually writen a book with twelve chapters coveirfn just about everything. It needs some updating and a lot of ilustrations but it has posibilities.

Think, I could have used that for the Traply book, on the other hand, this one looks better and is more in my light hearted style.

ANy publisher interested? Oh and I don't take royaties for a couple of reasons including that I am too old to benefit for as long as I would want to!!laugh

Those Peter Holland books have now trebled in price since I suggested them at 4 pounds the other day! Shows supply and demand in action and the very real fears about Artificial intelligence and the prospect of automatic selling causing financial meltdown!

I hope those who needed the book bought one at the lower price, still a worthwhile buy at 13.49 I reckon. Boddington's books still available cheaply though.

That's very annoying and unethical. Even at that price I think you would find the Peter Holland book a worthwhile book if you don't have a copy. I suspect that several other people saw my comments and bought the books before you did! Hence the rapid price rise.

The good news is the prices also fall when supply exceeds demand so wait a few weeks and check Amazon again for a more realistic price. Check for all versions of this book too. Check other suppliers of secondhand books too.

Meanwhile take a note of the book's title and ISBN number and reserve it at your local library and they may get it in eventually.   I reckon you will then think you want your own copy to refer to in future.....

Edited By kc on 15/09/2018 19:23:15