GDPR / Data Protection

SIMON CRAGG

Advert

We’ve done it at St Austell DMC. There is only 5 on the committee that hold the member information. I sent out emails to make our members aware of the changes. About 1/2 replied. I’m going to see if a wording change can be made on this year’s membership form to include the new wording. Names and addresses are only held by committee members and not given out. However, we are such a small club (25) everyone knows each other! As compliance manager it’s not a great issue, or do I have any complaints.

My wife, who is an allotment secretary, had more success in sending out individual forms by post. Stamped addressed envelopes were supplied...that made it easier for members to send the forms back.

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 20/09/2018 06:15:34:

We did it back in May. There is a model policy document on the BMFA website and we just adapted that. Emails were then sent to all members and that was iit. Pretty straight forward really.

BEB

Agreed, the club privacy notice seems to cover everything and could easily be attached to a club joining form. Well done the BMFA!.

Our club has pretty much done all the above and apart from actually getting a response out of some members it hasn't been too onerous. The biggest required change was to send out mass emails and the monthly newsletter by using BCC command in email so that each recipient only sees their own email address in the mail header.