Transmitter tray

Nifty 50

This is my transmitter tray. It is for single-handed (left) use as you will see by the offset transmitter. It is a prototype and will be tweaked with use.

The need for the tray arose when moving the throttle slider on the side of the transmitter, it turned around the neckstrap connection

tray 1.jpg

These are the bits:

tray 2.jpg

tray 3.jpg

It went together like this:

tray 4.jpg

The Velcro strap to fasten the transmitter is a lipo battery strap.

tray 5.jpg

There were supposed to be blind nuts for all fixings, turns out that the M8 eyebolts were M8-ish, hence the nuts and washers. I am going to put some feet or sides on the underneath to stop them catching or the tray from rocking.

It is easy to mount the transmitter with one hand, the handle drops into the slots and the straps holds it fast. The slot also stops the transmitter from rotating:

tray 6.jpg

tray 7.jpg

tray 8.jpg

I have used ideas from other designs to come up with this one.

I am going to tie-wrap pipe insulation around the stomach curve and varnish the woodwork,

The harness is a Tarot cross-over shoulder harness however it is awkward to put on one-handed when you have a coat on, so I have used a neck harness until I can get things sorted.

I made this as I went along, if anyone would like dimensions that I can knock up a pdf drawing and email it.

Advert