Alternatives to this Turnigy motor please

Andy C

I'm after buying a Hobbyking Hummer 3D EPP plane and the recommended motor is the Turnigy 2213 motor shown at the link below. However, it is not available from any of their warehouses so wondered if someone could help identify an equivalent please. similar price would be great, but doesn't have to be from hobbyking. Thanks

**LINK**

Advert

I put one of these together a couple of months ago for winter flying in the local park to replace a Hyperion Enigma that got dumb thumbed. I used the motor from the Enigma its a hard one to find but it is quality :- Hyperion Zs2218-14 960KV

I did a quite a bit of reading up on the Hummer over on the RCG website and the motor that most seem to use/recommend is the Turnigy 2836 1100kv but I have no experience of this motor, its specification is similar or even better than the Hyperion motor I use which has loads of power for this airframe.

If I could roll back the clock I would not buy the Hummer again, I would simply get another Enigma, there is nothing wrong with the Hummer but the Enigma is a completely superior flyer in every way, just not as robust or as easy to repair, + they still have some over on robotbirds, sure they cost a bit more but they come with the motor and fly way better.

Here are a couple of pics of my Hummer

imag0028.jpg

imag0019.jpg

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...