Phoenix Quisling

Evening gents.
As a fan of Phoenix models (Stan Yoe) I could not resist the chance of an untouched kit of the Quisling when one came up on flea bay.
Funny thing is that I've never seen one and can't find any details on the tinter net 😕

Does any one know anything about this oldie.
Cheers all

• 3 weeks later...

Phil

I had one of these but never assembled it. Eventually sold on ebay. If i remember correctly it's a low wing aerobatic slope soarer. It was reviewed in Radio Modeller , i can't remember when but late 90's. Perhaps a forum member with a back catalogue could pull it out. KC??.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Quisling, great flying little plane, funny looking thing quite aerobatic needed a good blow to work well. If memory serves I think the ailerons are correx, I would change those for balsa. The concept was a 2 channel plane with no need for a computer tx.. I used to have it in the boot of my car for quick flights on my way home from work if the wind was right.. I remember putting from 100 feet into granite and I broke a servo arm. Cut the top off replaced the arm and was flying in 10mins..!

Kris

In case people are a bit confused by earlier references to Quisling, Judas and traitor, it might help to mention that Vidkun Quisling was a fascist collaborator in Norway who took over the country's government after the Nazi invasion in 1940. After the liberation of Norway and the end of the War he was put on trial for treason and war crimes and shot in late 1945.

As someone remarked, an odd name for a glider!