Flair Tiger Moth, help needed.

I have inherited a nice three quarters built Flair Tiger Moth, (3 wings and a fuselage) but with no plans or other parts with which to finish it.

I have taken patterns from the existing upper wing with which to cut the parts for the missing wing (I have access to a laser cutter) but I have no information on the centre section or wing joiners. Similarly the tailplane is a mystery although I could probably 'blag' that.

I have obtained a genuine cowl and ABS mouldings from ebay (thanks to Kevin B for the pointer) so I am in a good position to finish the kit. However a set of plans would help no end on items such as those described above and also wing incidences, dihedral, CG etc.

If anyone has a set of plans in any condition I would be happy to pay copying and postage costs.

yours in hope

Pete.

Advert

You could try registering with RCScaleBuilder (www.rcscalebuilder.com) site as there have been quite a few Flair Tiger Moth threads on there and contacting the people who have built them.

The CoG should be located at the rear of the fuel tank, I have seen that mentioned in the Flair TM threads and that is where the Falcon Models 1/4 scale TM that I have balances. Can't help with Flair TM plans I am afraid.

cofg.jpg

Thanks for the pointer Peter (and for the CG position). I'll try rcscalebuilder as well as the BMFA.

It would be nice to finish off this venerable old lady as the assembies that I have inherited have been well built. I am ok with most of the construction needed but as Percy has pointed out, the wing joiners need to take account of wing sweep and dihedral.

I could draw the joiners up myself, but would prefer to follow the proven method used by Flair.

Thanks again

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have the plans on order thanks to Robert Palmer who kindly drew my attention to the ad earlier today.

Thanks to all for the useful tips posted in response to my earlier plea. As always this forum is a veritable mine of information. I am particularly grateful for the photographs as they are always of help during a build. I intend to continue gathering the necessary accessories over the summer (spot me in the traders area at the NATS later on) and start the build as next winter's project.

Once again thanks to all for your kind assistance.

Pete

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I need help for my Flair 1/4 Tiger Moth.

I purchased the model from Ebay. Very well built but no engine, servo or radio. Obviously it has not be flown. 
I need some details for this model and a plan is something I need. Can anyone please help or point me to the direction in getting a plan

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

?