DX6 Transmitter

Ken Tarran

Advert

We could all write a book about the question you ask Ken

And reading back, you have a DX6i, have you now got a new DX6 ?

If you have flown a well set up, flyable model already, then you have done this without the above D/ R or expo.

The D/R, can give you the switchable option of throw settings on those surfaces chosen

And the Expo, will give a % throw relative to stick movement, and on mode2, can be used to soften the centre of the right hand stick, so as slight movements don't move the aileron or elevator

The we come to Helicopters, do we need to go there?

Thanks for your reply Denis. The Tx is a DX6 NOT a DX6i. I'm familiar with dual rates and expo and how it's used on Tx.

I'm looking for clarity on the DX6 screen to set Dual Rates and Expo and in particular the Curve option. Hopefully someone can enlighten me regarding it's purpose and use.

Ken

I don't think Dennis has quite grasped your query Ken. I'm afraid I would have trouble writing all I know about Spektrum on a postcard rather than a book but it may be referring to a function curve - a way to modify the behaviour of the response at various stick positions. The number might refer to the number of points in the curve?

Hopefully someone familiar with the DX6 may be able to assist further if I'm way off...

Edited By Martin Harris on 12/04/2019 19:11:04

Unless you want to tie yourself in knots, I wouldn't bother researching the "curve". It bothered me at first, too, then I realised that it seems to be a representation of the softening or otherwise of the response around centre when exponential is dialled in. Zero expo gives a straight line at 45 degrees, increasing expo takes this graphical representation into a wave form. From memory, when setting dual rates, Curve 0 on mine is at High rates, Curve 1 is at Low rates.

I have 2 x Dx6 and 1 x Dx9 Tx and just fly without concerning myself about the curves or whether I need to fiddle about and try to get more "points" on it. If I don't like the responses I simply adjust throws, rates and expo until I'm happy. I fly electric fixed-wing and shudder at the thought of helicopters . . .

Thanks for your explanation John. I'll press on now and sort it out based on what you've said. I cannot understand why Spektrum don't provide a clear explanation of these settings in.the manual. There's no reference to this feature at all. Thanks again, Ken

Posted by Ken Tarran on 12/04/2019 18:14:11:

I'm looking for clarity on the DX6 screen to set Dual Rates and Expo and in particular the Curve option.

Ken

Ken, you will find that Curve in this instance is not an option or feature - it's a numbering system. You will find that you cannot scroll down to that line in the Dual Rate & Expo screen & change it.

The line on the graph to the left of the screen is the Curve, by default it is numbered 1.

If you set up a new Dual Rates &/or Expo the line on the graph will change & it will be given a new Curve number. When you toggle the switch allocated to D/R Expo you will see the Curve Number (0,1,2 depending on the switch set-up) & graph change.

Hope that helps.

Edited By John Lee on 13/04/2019 10:01:03

Edited By John Lee on 13/04/2019 10:02:58

Ken, more correctly the Curve number reflects the switch position.

The switch that has been allocated to change the Dual rate &/or Expo is also shown on the screen.

Before setting up D/R Expo by default the screen will show Switch:On as the bottom line. When you allocate a switch it will change, for example, to Switch: Switch B or Switch: Flight Mode etc.

Then below that a series of blocks will appear numbered 0,1,2 (for a 3 position switch) or 0,1 (for a 2 position switch). The block that is filled in will reflect the switch position that is printed on your transmitter alongside the switch. This, and the Curve number, will change as you toggle the switch.

Edited By John Lee on 13/04/2019 11:17:33