Advert

Hi Stephen, I don't know what model it is but it looks like it has a generic plastic (plura ?) fuselage & tail unit that's held from below with a pair of 2mm nuts.
There were a number of models based on the same fuselage, tail & plastic interior fittings etc dating from just before brushless motors & lipos became popular. There was also some with a slightly different moulded fuselage, AFAIK the difference was in the canopy/hatch area only.
The models varied in wing span from about 1.4m upwards, until now the greatest span I've come across has been 2m. Most were rudder/elevator/motor but a few also had ailerons.
J.Perkins were distributors for some of them, most common being the 2m REM Easy Pigeon.
A Belgian company Protech also produced a number of different thermal & warm liner gliders using the same base parts.

I still have Protech Unlimited & a thermal model using a spare Unlimited fuselage & tail with an old 2m wing nailed on. Both have been converted to outrunner & lipo.

refurbed unlimited.jpg

The Unlimited after a recover job.

igor in red.jpg

Igor, made up from spare Unlimited fus, tail unit & old pair of glider wings. (Terry Pratchett fans will understand the name)

PS looking again at your model I'm guessing that the tailplane has been stretched a bit in order to maintain a reasonable tail/wing area ratio.

Edited By PatMc on 04/05/2019 19:05:54

Hi Pat

Yes definitely a generic type fuz and does have the tail and fin held on by those little nuts. I have had a few JP gliders in the past and it all very similar. The fuz on this one isn't so thick as the JP ones. It has more flex to it, similar to the Thunder Tiger EHawk 1400. Looking forward to getting it flying flat field mostly and hunt for those thermals.

Your gliders look great

Steve

Edited By Stephen Davies 6 on 05/05/2019 13:07:04

Pete, the Alpha 180 was one of many using that fuselage but it's fuselage had the same canopy cut away style as mine & it was only 1.8m span.
The actual canopies/hatches on mine are home made fibre glass replacements & have a slightly different shape to originals.

I have been trawling my memory banks on this glider. As others have said there were several different models using the same, or similar fuselage, Alpha 180, easy pigeon and early bird. Some of these had a stretched wing version. Protech did the thermal 220 but that just had central dihedral but ripmax had one called the nebula which was 2.2 metres, the colour scheme is different though although this could have been recovered. This is the best I can do and my memory banks have now shut down!

All the best...Chris.