Problem with a Spektrum AR 620 receiver

tigerman

Just brought one of those new Spektrum AR 620 receiver and I am not sure what is happening .I have bound it to my DX6 tranny and all is working fine ,then I disconnect the lipo and reconnect it and it just keeps bleeping and nothing will work ,then if I disconnect t the lipo again and reconnect it it is fine and it binds again and everything works .It keeps doing this which does not give me confidence to fly the model with this going on .When is working I have done a range check and it is all OK but not happy about the fact that sometimes it binds and works and then another time you plug the lipo in and all it does is keep bleeping and nothing works .Anyone know what could causing this or should I take it back and buy a futaba receiver and change the model back to my Futaba gear ?

Advert

Two things -

1. I am not certain about your wording, do you mean that you have to re-bind (with the magic button) after an unsuccessful power cycle on the RX, or, that if you just cycle the power, the next power up is OK?

2. How close is the TX when you power up the receiver? AR620 is reputedly much more sensitive, perhaps it is being swamped and simply needs to be physically further from the TX.

(I have an Orange which does this, TX next to RX, only gets signal maybe 1 in 3 power cycles, if the TX is 10 feet away it works every time.)

No I have bound it successfully and it is fine but every now and again when you plug the lipo in the receivers just continual bleeps but none of the controls work then if you just disconnect the lipo and turn off the tranny ,turn the tranny back on a connect the lipo every thing is fine ,I do not rebind the receiver again .weired

Is that not the system telling you that your throttle range is marginal. It's in the instructions, but I think the procedure is, take your prop off. Then power on the transmitter, then put throttle to high. Plug your lipo into the plane. It goes into the continuous bleep routine. Lower throttle to closed. It then does the cell count bleep, dah dah dah routine.

Best read the instructions, I am a petrol head.

The continual bleeping by ESC/motor could also be is usually "no signal". Which would imply the RX is not locked on to your TX and has not started outputting servo signals.

If you do not have to re-bind, then I stand by my suggestion of simply being too close to the RX. Try a good number of power cycles with TX ten foot away, let us know if that works.

Edited By Nigel R on 08/05/2019 15:05:42

I bought 3 of the FRsky rx's from a swap meet, new, but were set to International mode, and wouldn't bind with my Taranis, After flashing to EU, they still didn't work, and found out where i was trying to bind it, too much interference, and did it somewhere else - success.

Same for a Optima 6 Hitec rx, it would bind,but not bind fully, the voltage telemetry kept dropping out as did the signal, sending all the servos jittering. Again took it away from room and ok.Think it could be the server in the next room, the Wifi extender and router playing around with the signals - after all they all use the 2.4 bandwidth.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 08/05/2019 19:15:38