Picasim, or Phoenix, or..?

Tony Harrison 2

After yet another botched attempt at flying solo*, rather than give up in disgust and do knitting or yoga instead, perhaps I should give flight sims another try. I had a version of Phoenix a while back, think I got it on Ebay, but never really liked it, very clunky graphics. Just looked at the Picasim site, free download I see but not sure if it works with a TX (mine's a Spektrum Dx6i) or mouse. Any suggestions about this or an alternative?

*My few flights are measured in seconds before an ignominious bump or catastrophic vertical plunge: yesterday's lasted a teeny bit longer before my docile (it's flown a couple of times under supervision), lightweight high-wing trainer went out of control and dived into the ground, demolishing its nose plus some other minor damage. Hope the motor's ok.

Advert

Phoenix can allow you to learn to fly Tony, and when set, is smooth running, and not notchy and

Does work with the DX6i

Set View, to " Ground in View ", allows spotting of the ground to land successfully

With your determination, you will fly and land using Phoenix regularly, in short spurts, maybe 30 minutes when you can

You, Will be flying in 8 Hours, IMHO

Posted by Tony Harrison 2 on 08/05/2019 16:14:27:

....... Just looked at the Picasim site, free download I see but not sure if it works with a TX (mine's a Spektrum Dx6i) or mouse. Any suggestions about this or an alternative?

Picasim works fine with my Jeti Tx via the usb connection, but I have no idea how it would work with Spektrum.

Dick