My Ebay posting

Gordon Serpis 1

It got my interest Gordon, but I live too far away.

In order to get the best return from your collection, you really need to sell the items separately and with postage options.

As is you might get lucky if more than one person is interested locally. If you split them and relist separately with postage you should be able to double your return. The completed model has very little value anyway, if you are worried about it getting damaged in the post.

smile

I would try Facebook market place, and split the items in the first instance. I have sold a fair bit of modelling goods lately, all on marketplace. I had it advertised on Gumtree. Preloved, e.bay, Bmfa etc. The only inquiries were from marketplace. Give it a try, no on costs and you can always sell other items when the first buyer turns up!.

..I understand the point you're making Don and agree we should stick with any commitments we make. However less than a month ago i "sold" a Pioneer turntable on Ebay only for the buyer refusing to pay. I reported him to Ebay and got a standard issue response that they would take it up with him- as yet no response and we all know i won't get one- the only consolation i have is that i gave him a poor rating but still have the turntable.

A neighbour of mine runs a business on Ebay and she tells me my experience is quite common- people get over excited when bidding and then over commit themselves.

On a positive note the posting has received 424 views so far- unless it's mainly you lot!

G