Hello from Africa

Hi Guys, I am new to RCM&E forum, although I have been reading the magazine for many years. Modelling down in South Africa is still fairly strong. I enjoy building, but also like to use my own artistic licence when it comes to livery etc., although a few of my warbirds are fairly true to looking correct. I followed Tim Hoopers 2013 build of the Citabria Pro, and recently built my own, but converted it to IC, employing a Magnum 30 FS. It flies beautifully and just "looks right". I live and fly in Johannesburg South Africa where we are at about 5500 feet above sea level, so both lift and engine performance are compromised by about 18%, but my little PRO flies superbly. Glad to finally be a part of this forum, and look forward to learning and sharing skills with like minded people.

Regards,

Rory Wilson

Advert

Welcome Rory. It's actually 15C here in England near London. Midday midsummer! but that's unusally cold today.

I think forum members would be interested to know what differs in South Africa to Britain - i.e. differs from what you see in RCME. What sizes and types of model, what models are available etc. Whether electric flight is as popular as UK etc,. Can you get the full range of gear we can buy here and how cost compares.