Full-Size Lancaster at Woodsprings today

Cliff 1959

I went to Woodspring today as I have done for the last several years. There was some interesting stuff but a little bit too much prop hanging which leaves me a bit cold. Also a small niggle in as much as there wasnt a lot of choice catering wise. They always seem to come up trumps with the weather though.

Richard

I stayed for both days with Child_flyer. The Lancaster visits were fabulous, nicely complemented by the formation flying of the two large scale models. Really gave the sense of what it might be like if there was not just the one full-size left in the UK.

The 60% cubs display was my highlight of the sport flying. Each acrobatic element was not showy, but they flew so beautifully together. 3D slots gave us time to go for tea and visit the stands.

The crowd on Saturday got 4 passes! (I thought any more than 2 made it a 'display'?)

The big Cubs were superbly flown and in very close proximity. I couldn't take my eyes off them (mainly in case debris started coming my way).

The Bishop's Reds display was superb too, notwithstanding an u/c failure on their first outing.