Difficulty finding a previous thread

I've tried to quickly locate one of my previous threads by entering the title '1/4 scale Hurricane tailwheel', and the forum section in which it appeared, namely 'Model Engineering and Acessories', but no result is found. If I go to the relevant forum section, there it is, on page 8, just a few items down. The thread was first opened on 31/01/14.

I'ved tried entering the title as it appears above, as well as the Description, and all manner of variants, but the search always caomes up 'no results found'.

Why ? Please do tell,

Ken

Advert

The search function isn't too sophisticated, unfortunately, as it only search headings and the phrasing must be identical with the original, so it's best to select one keyword and scroll through the results to find the thread you want.

Both the above methods work, too...thumbs up

Pete

Thanks for your advice chaps, but ..... Steve, I tried the Google search route and drew a blank I'm afraid.

kc, yes that's the one,but how did you access my postings ? Probably blindingly obvious, but please humour me.

Pete B, I popped the word 'tailwheel' into the search box, and up came several results including the one I wanted.

Sigh ... I wish I was more fluent in these sorts of things,

Ken

I'm having a really bad day, and now you helpful chaps are making me feel even more stupid than usual.

Denis, please explain in VERY simple terms what you mean by 'On this screen Ken' and 'Under Kenking-designs', because nothing along those lines works for me. I really need to be able to bring up a list of my postings to forward to somebody, and clearly I should be finding it easy, but I'm not. Take pity on an old geezer and lead me by the hand, figuratively speaking.

Thanks,

Ken

Denis answered for me but I will explain further - under your photo ( of a biplane in your case ) there is a note of how many forum posts , how many photos you have posted. Maybe you only see this when logged in . Anyway i just clicked on your 241 forum posts and went down the list until I found the right one. Simple!

I have to say I found it fascinating looking at all your posts Ken, lots of really good stuff there, so it was no hardship to look through all your stuff until I found the right item.

Edited By kc on 20/08/2019 17:55:50

I must thank you all for your help, patience and understanding. You've collectively restored my faith in human nature,

but here's the thing - how can someone else come onto the Model Flying website, and find all my posts, without the benefit of my mugshot and posts/photos info ? Would they be able to do it if I nominated them as a friend ?

Ken

Ken, if you are able to log in here on the forum there cannot be too much wrong with your broadband connection ( assuming it's the same computer you are using) so the fault may well lie within your own computer settings. The grey overlay often comes on some websites before you allow Cookies to be used.

There are some clever computer people on this forum who know much more than i do so if you give a lot more info about what programs you are using and the exact problem the chances are someone will give you good advice that may solve the problem.

Edited By kc on 21/08/2019 12:19:12