John woodfield soarers

Hi all, been flying ic for 30years. Found some exellent videos by the above flier on utube.A few questions, any idea of the wing loading of these wonderful models, and if so light as it seems ,why do they not get blown backwards by the very stiff breeze that they fly in ? Cheers

Advert

Hi Fly Boy.

They are amazing gliders and so well flown, in fact I think they are beautiful, using see through film to see the amazing structure. Sorry I don't know the wing loading but I don't think most of them need to strong a wind to fly, if you look at the surrounding vegetation it's not moving to much.

I'm so impressed with them I'm about 3/4s the way through building the large size Super SInbad from a plan (it dates from about the 1940s) and loving every minute of the build as the structure takes shape and comes to life.

I'm really looking forward to getting to the slope with it.

Keith

Edited By Keith Sharples on 19/08/2019 18:58:24

I agree Keith, they are beautiful, and flown to perfection by John. The Super Sinbad looks a great model in the air too. Would these models be classed as gliders or slope soares? Even saw one model take off from the slope itself with no input from the pilot. Brilliant. Cheers