Ashbourne 2019

Outsider's two penneth Chris. Is it really necessary to provide the food? Surely people can squeeze a sarnie in amongst the models, whereas a cuppa is always welcome and people can brew up whatever they want from a boiling urn, this in turn would free up John to enjoy the day and even do some flying.

Would be a shame for such a standout event lose out for some grub, and people / club should not be out of pocket for putting these events on. It's always been late event because of all the clash's with other shows and the one I visited sometime ago was really a lovely relaxed laid back day.

Hope I've not trod on too many toes.

Advert

Sorry Chris I had every intention of attending, it is one of my favourite events of the year, really nice mix of models and likewise a great mix of modellers. I was committed elsewhere. I think it was just co-incidence that so many didn't make it, I know Ian was down with the Man Flu too. I shouldn't change anything, and see how it goes next year?

Cheers

Danny

I'm sure it will be put on next year even if I have to do more to help. It's popular amongst club members, even those who don't fly enjoy seeing the models. We've been very lucky with the weather in the past and will be again. It wasn't absolutely awful this time but, for me, it was too cold on my hands. I've tried everything but my right hand in particular siezes up when it's cold which can be a problem as I fly mode 2.

Thanks to all those who turned out and, hopefully, we'll see you all next year.

Geoff

Well I did show but to be honest was full of cold and a bit under the weather so did not fly, good just to catch up with people, its a great event, I would not change the format and don't be put off by a blip on attendance next year could be the complete opposite and its nice to have events later in the season so personally I would not change the date, we all know come October its Ashborne Scale Day time, will bring cake again next year! cheeky Linds

Thanks for feedback peeps

sat here on the lizard listening to the weather trying to batter is way into our little rented cottage so doing some catchup

ta for cake Lindsay even though by time I got back to catering it had all mysteriously disappeared

the consensus seems to be to not change a lot if anything so roll on next year.

i will endeavour to get dates online earlier as this year I was very late but in my defence I had been a poorly person for some weeks prior to remembering to actually do something

so what about a bit earlier in Oct say the 4th or 11th do these clash with anything I need to factor in

chris