Ashbourne 2019

Hi peeps

apologies for the shorter notice than usual but been ill and not concentrating on things toys wise soooo the date/dates are confirmed

13th October or in the case of inclement weather the 20th

same system as always reply to thread and I will include you in list same rules as always ie not many

so note it and sign up

free oatcake to the first one !!!wink

chris

Advert

When we lived on our canal boat, we used to winter in Market Drayton and the lady who cooked at the excellent Woodies caff/emporium always had oatcakes on the menu and I always had one with bacon and cheese or sometimes coronation chicken. Absolutely delicious, but over here in East Anglia we can't get 'em!

Martin

Hi all

list so far looking good room for more

foor any new flyers tempted here’s a few details,

we hav a large patch comprising of a good tarmac runway and a grass patch so all types catered for

we have no size limit

any power source, just let me know if you are bringing a jet,

this is a scale flyin, we are open to any scale model from foamy to museum class.

no competition just flying

food and drink available all day

flying will start at 10 am and continues until 6pm or dark whichever arrives first

ask any questions will do me best to answer

ask anyone that has been before

we are so laid back we are nearly horizontal

chris

• 3 weeks later...

a quick heads up peeps

keep yer eye on here getting local weather updates from site (well nearby) from club sec and so far its not good the long range is giving a wet front moving right through us on sunday and those of you who know Ashbourne is/was the highest RAF base in England and is subject to some extremes of weather and a very local climate ,if i had to put a number on it its 50/50 currently the front is supposed to clear through by mid of next week (met say 10 days) which would put the clear if cooler weather just right for the 20th so all is not lost.

the day should pan out as follows whenever it happens.

gates open 8am manned until 10 am

kitchen opens for tea and butties

gates close (coded lock for day visitors 3 digit one code 109, the 4 digit one is club members)

flying commences following the briefest of briefings

continues all day

flying ceases when its to dark/cold/wet to see or do or 6 pm

go homelaugh

chris

final decision by Friday evening

chris

Hi all

sorry to be bringing unwelcome news but even this early on Friday having e mailed club sec at Ashbourne the weather is set to be poor shall we say. Wot that means in real terms is high winds and heavy rain showers forecast for most of the weekend

so postponed until the 20th

i hopeyou all are ok and this reserve date has worked well for us in past years, please let anyone who may not see message

upside is list is still open so bring more mates

thank peeps

chris