Exhaust stubs for TN 62" Hurricane

Tim C

• 1 month later...

Allan,

Regarding the 'rusty' appearance, just coat it with a medium dark brown acrylic crafts paint.

After brushing the paint on - and with the paint still wet - spread some kitchen salt over the paint and let it dry completely.

When dry, rinse the salt away with 'warmish' water and sand it a bit down if the 'lunar' effect is too 'deep'.

Finish it with the weathering of your choice...

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for that tip Chris. I've got several shades of acrylic brown and 'rust', which I was going to continue to play with until I get a good result colour-wise. I'll try your trick with the salt this week, while I wait for my 5S LiPo packs to arrive for it. It sounds like it will give a nice 'pitted' texture.

Posted by Gary Clark 1 on 10/12/2019 21:50:04:

Those look good on there Allan. Definitely much quicker to have a machine smash them out when you are sleeping rather than spend many hours making moulds and so on....

Gary

I was thinking of moulds, before your offer, because I do quite a bit of moulding for fibreglass engine cowls, spats, radiators, etc. But those exhausts would have been beyond my capability or patience! Thanks again for your help.