Solar film sales

I assumed that it was common knowledge that Solar film products were still available on the inter net, I purchased 3 rolls of Solar trim last week, very reasonably priced, arrived in a couple of days ,wrapped in a substantial tube package. I have just checked their site "solarfilm sales" and all their products are listed with prices etc. ready to order, so, if you want any of the good old covering we have used for years get ordering.

Advert

Prospective buyers should be aware that some Solarfilm products are listed on the site but are in fact sold out. This appears to be especially true of the Solartex range. Solartex White and Natural are sold out, Blue and Orange are only available in 2 metre packs but Black is available in 2, 5 and 10 metre lengths. I did not bother to check the availability of other Solartex colours which are listed.

There is a wider range of Solartex colours available as seconds. Anybody got any experience of using these?

I visited the warehouse a few months ago to collect some Clearcoat and looked at the Solartex seconds while I was there. It all looked ok from a distance, but on close inspection I could see the defects. These seemed mostly to be lines or streaks along the length of the roll. I think you might be able to work round them on a small model but I decided not to buy any on the basis of my inspection. I think you would need to examine the defects in person before buying any.