Progamming Rx

P J Hearne

PJ, this is covered somewhere on this site and requires a cable

Also, this is from Spektrum

In order to activate AS3X technology in a Spektrum AS3X receiver (AR636, AR6335, AR7350 & AR9359), you must program the receiver using the AS3X mobile programming application. Until AS3X is activated, the receiver will operate as a standard DSMX aircraft receiver and will not provide electronic stabilization enhancements. For more information on programming a Spektrum AS3X receiver (AR636, AR6335, AR7350 & AR9359), please visit www.SpektrumRC.com/AS3X

Look in here too

https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/searchresults.asp?Search=AS3X

Edited By Denis Watkins on 25/02/2020 19:54:47

I have been dabbling with the AR636 and AR636a receivers using the USB prog lead and Spectrum downloaded software , and if you watch in conjunction with the series of You Tube videos it will click eventually .

If you have a spare channel you can have setting off, setting 1, setting 2 on a 3 way switch . If you want you can set the rate gains from the transmitter to find the right level of stabilisation then program it permanently in.

To give an example I was given a Eflite P51 foamy that has all six channels in use but uses the flap channel in dual mode giving

Mode 1 full flap and 90% stabilisation rate

Mode 2 take off flap 80% stabilisation rate

Mode 3 normal mode 40% stabilisation rate . These are all fixed but can be made variable using the transmitter.

I found it a bit difficult to find any actual settings because it's a bit suck and see for every plane it's different . The stabilisation settings are for pitch,yaw,roll but you can change those on the tx . Just make sure you can switch it off i.e. zero rate gain just in case . I have not mentioned the heading gain as you need to master the rate gains first . Got any questions I'll try and answer , I'm no expert but it's usually easy to work out .

Try the You Tube guides first they are quite good but need watching a few times to click - enjoy .