I'll be suprised if I fly this weekend!!

Advert

North west of portsmouth...

We start flying at 10:00 and at 9:00 all was well so a few of us headed down.  A couple of us managed to get in the air in time but as one was flying, the blustery day sprang up out of nowhere and he had a bumpy landing.  No-one else dared.  Then the rain came in dribs and drabs and we all went home.  Forecast for tomorrow is heavy rain followed by showers

Dad, clubmate ross and me were determined to go flying this weekend, so with the forecast looking wet and windy we picked the least wet part of the day and went slope soaring at Ivinghoe beacon. Ross is still learning on the buddy box so, despite winds of up to 30 mph ish, we launched Dad's large Dominie glider. All went surprisingly well, not a single model damaged even though the wind direction was a bit off the main slope. I also flew my yellow Limit EX which just thrives in these sorts of conditions. the lifty wing section gains height easliy and long vertical dives can produce roll rates that are lightning quick (3 rolls/ second ish). around 2 ish we packed up because it was getting cold and the rain was due in about 3. amazingly, we din't get wet at all! 

Swimbo and myself took our caravan to the Loch Earn splash-in over the weekend. The rain started through Friday night up till near 3 pm on Saturday then rapidly cleared when  we got some very good flying time. Sunday, after it warmed up ( twas -4C through the night) the only problem was glare from the SUNSHINE. From Noon the sun had gone well round past the main flying area so the guys got in as much flying time as they  wanted.

I had a great disapointment tho`. My five year old Seamaster went in with a hard, loud splash. Investigation highlighted the cause, rotten wood in the wing where the wing bolts held it on. This could not be seen through the covering.

The body has little damage, just the tailplane ripped off, and although I have still to check-out the extent of damage to the wing, I believe it is a fairly easy repair job. Phew, relief.

I recon I have had good value with this model, well over three hundred flights with only one moderate repair up till now, other than sealing an edge now and then.

trotted off to our patch down near Selsey in west sussex,aten mile trip. started raining on the way,but stopped two mins later so carried on we were going to maiden a pz trojan and an extreme stick with an irvine 53 upfront both planes on spectrum 2.4. both planes flew well after a bit of fettling and dodging rain showers the stick was a real handful with full rates on ailerons this was my first try with 2.4 and im a convert already message for ERIC some of us dont have to work mondays