I'll be suprised if I fly this weekend!!

Advert

WOW what a day for flying down on the south coast . i took a pz trojan and an old twin seaplane that i hadnt flown before,with my two brothers and two friends we had a brilliant days flying.we flew two trojans in [near formation] and went through five batterys. the seaplane flies on two irving 25s they both ran well and it had loads of grunt even though it weighs about 8pounds my friend test flew her for me and we let it go on wot she shot off and was airborne in 15feet he gave the old girl a good workout and she performed well.she still has her tip floats on and looks peculiar when in verted,he landed her and then it was my turn knees knocking i lined her up kwowing all were watching said alittle prayer and pushed the thottle she picked up her skirts and shot off in to sky she flies like a big trainer.she looked gorgeous on low slow passes and sounds wonderfull ,took her back up for three more flightsand love her more each time this is my first IC TWIN and im hooked now charging five batteries to do some more tomorrow [sorry ERIC] it was so warm i was in ateeshirt AINT LIFE GRAND sometimes    see you all bye for now phil

7 days later I'll stick my 2p in.... Eric mate I've had reasonable flying weather I could take advantage of for at least the last 3 weeks at least once a week  (salt wounds etc) helped I admit by my learning to handle with confidence a 15mph wind with a 15oz westwings toucan amazing how 4 months ago a 5mph breeze would scare me of with such a light model even got the foamie fokker d VII up last sat  wow that machine has some really good scale like flight characteristics helped I think by the fact that the reall thing was massively over powered and capable of virtually prop hanging while upsetting the allies from below no wonder the red baron liked it I certainly do

maybe time to invest in some lights for you aircraft Grumpy! It's a lot of fun. when I was working night shifts, I used to take my twister bell 47 helli out in the dead calm that often occurs early in the morning, just after I got home. really good fun as long as you don't fly to far out. and if you ring brc and give them the measurements they will make you a custom wiring harness with exactly the lights you want and a switch that plugs into a spare channel. So you can switch the lights of and on in flight.