KK Spectre?

Hi,Im just about to start building a KK Spectre made by VMC.

Im a bit confused as I cant make out if the wing spars are two or one piece of wood? The slots in the ribs look deep enough for just one but after seeing a video on you tube it seems that the slots are not cut deep enough to except two pieces? Im not sure whos right Help!!!

Advert

The plan I'm looking at (outerzone) refers to "twin" spars, but I think that just means top and bottom (as there is a similar reference to the T.E. sheeting).

The main spars are, however, effectively 'doubled' over the centre ribs (W1 and W2's) by a spacer which bridges the gap between the spars and the bellcrank mounting plates.

HTH...

The main spars are shown as 3/16 x 1/8 top & bottom but looking at the OZ printwood sheet the slots seem to be 3/16 deep. If it was me I'd make sure the slots were 3/16 x 3/16 & use that size for the spars, it would make very little difference to the total weight.

Posted by Mike T on 02/04/2020 17:53:40:

The plan I'm looking at (outerzone) refers to "twin" spars, but I think that just means top and bottom (as there is a similar reference to the T.E. sheeting).

The main spars are, however, effectively 'doubled' over the centre ribs (W1 and W2's) by a spacer which bridges the gap between the spars and the bellcrank mounting plates.

HTH...

Hi Mike, Thanks for the info and Ive gone with the single spar as you suggested. Ive got another problem lol,are the fuselage just 1/8" sheet not doubled up IE 1/4"? I ask as there are four pre cut sides in this kit? The formers look as though it should be an 1/8? Theres no plan view on my plans so cant see one way or another. Pity it didnt come with some instructions tbh? To help things along Ive had to order some engine bearers as the ones supplied dont fit (too small)!!