What do they mean by

Advert

I personally buy most of my modelling stuff on the internet now.

I just use normal post, most orders come within a couple of days, small orders sometimes the next day. Orders from China generally about a week. I think the postal services are qiute good. Not perfect.

The main problem is recorded delivery, on one occaison, I heard the letter box, rushed to the door. The postie had gone, when i caught up with him, the parcel was at the depot! After that one instance, he has always had with him.

Erfolg

Hi

I worked as a postman for 9 years i only left to become a electrical technican, the job was great but i was working in the best delivery office in the country at the time Deeside and it still is i know i have two friends who work there still.

The thing is most people only see what they want to  they forget that the postoffice handles about 120 million items a day and 98% get there next day, how many other companys could handle that many the answer is none !!. I know thats what they do so they should be perfect but no company/person is perfect they are only as good as there workforce which is one of the largest at 160,000 delivery people (not including sorting and office staff)

To me its the companys who send it out there the ones that take there time !!

Robin , thats called 'commando' when they just leave a card without knocking,but most of the time thats the other parcel companys. how do i know i have had it done and when i ring them i heard someone on the phone saying it (they didnt think i heard them) .

Rob

Perhaps I'm lucky, our postmen (and women) are really good where we live. They always try to get someone to take it in if it won't fit through the letterbox. I've even had one chap cycle back down the road to let me sign for a package when he's seen me turn up in my car.

As for next day delivery, I've had stuff come from China, New Zealand and the USA  faster than from the UK. when they say 'next day' these companies often mean the day after you've given up hope of ever getting it!

I must say though, that Puffin, Giantcod and Addlestone Models are very fast indeed

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest bugbear is when companies charge extra to deliver to Highlands and Islands.
It's not their fault entirely, it's because parcelforce and others apply the levy to them.
I'd rather wait a few days and save a couple of quid, but do we get the option........?

And what really gets me is I don't even live in the Highlands and Islands region! I get penalised because I have an Inverness post code!

Anyway...sorry for the rant....like to get it off my chest once in a while

Hey Bert...I've also had fantastic service from the states. 6 days or there abouts usually. Unfortunately the exchange rates going the wrong way now so thats put paid to that, although there are still some bargains to be had.

It means Rip Off, given someone is daft enough to believe it, why should the carriers admit they aint going to do it. Anyway a lot of suppliers see it as a good sales gimmick, even when they get informed the service paid for did NOT happen. Sorry customer, we have no control of how the carriers operate